From Southern California: Travel time is approximately 8.5+ hours.
- Take I-5 North to Sacramento
- In Sacramento, merge onto US-50 East to South Lake Tahoe, 100 miles
- See "From San Francisco" for further directions
- Take US-395 North towards Carson City and Reno
- 118 miles north of Mammoth Lakes turn left onto NV-88
- 1.9 miles later turn right onto NV-207/Mottsville Lane
- Continue 14.3 miles on NV-207 over Kingsbury Grade into the Lake Tahoe Basin
- Turn left onto Lake Tahoe Blvd./US-50 (Crossing into California)
- See "From Reno" directions beginning with "Turn right on CA-89"